KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knox County man is in jail after causing nearly $30,000 in damages to a cemetery in an attempt to resurrect his grandmother.
Law enforcement responded on Monday night to reports of vandalism at the church cemetery on Huckleberry Springs Road. Extensive damage including dig sites and broken headstones were found.
Danny Frazier admitted to destroying some of the property in an attempt to “resurrect his grandmother,” who is buried at the cemetery.
Frazier was arrested and charged with vandalism and criminal trespassing.
- Retired Marine participates in Ruck March Challenge
- Lady Vols comeback falls short, Tennessee’s season ends in the Sweet 16
- ‘Ant-Man,’ ‘Creed III’ star Jonathan Majors arrested, charged with assault
- Knoxville Police ask for help finding missing teen
- Group of 40 cleaned the river ahead of fishing tournament