KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knox County man is in jail after causing nearly $30,000 in damages to a cemetery in an attempt to resurrect his grandmother.
Law enforcement responded on Monday night to reports of vandalism at the church cemetery on Huckleberry Springs Road. Extensive damage including dig sites and broken headstones were found.
Danny Frazier admitted to destroying some of the property in an attempt to “resurrect his grandmother,” who is buried at the cemetery.
Frazier was arrested and charged with vandalism and criminal trespassing.
- It’s hot outside: Here are tips to stay safe when cooling off in the water
- Mississippi man spends 15 hours in Waffle House after losing fantasy football bet
- Here’s how you can get paid to eat ice cream
- United Airlines to update dress code for flight attendants, relax rules on tattoos, makeup, nose piercings
- ‘They just aren’t waiting for everything to be perfect to be happy’: Cancer patient with months to live marries high school sweetheart