KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knox County man is in jail after causing nearly $30,000 in damages to a cemetery in an attempt to resurrect his grandmother.
Law enforcement responded on Monday night to reports of vandalism at the church cemetery on Huckleberry Springs Road. Extensive damage including dig sites and broken headstones were found.
Danny Frazier admitted to destroying some of the property in an attempt to “resurrect his grandmother,” who is buried at the cemetery.
Frazier was arrested and charged with vandalism and criminal trespassing.
- Board of Health votes to push 10 p.m. curfew to 11 p.m.
- ‘Energy capital of the nation’ reacts to new climate orders; mayor says she’s ‘ready to talk’ to Biden
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names