KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knox County man is in jail after causing nearly $30,000 in damages to a cemetery in an attempt to resurrect his grandmother.
Law enforcement responded on Monday night to reports of vandalism at the church cemetery on Huckleberry Springs Road. Extensive damage including dig sites and broken headstones were found.
Danny Frazier admitted to destroying some of the property in an attempt to “resurrect his grandmother,” who is buried at the cemetery.
Frazier was arrested and charged with vandalism and criminal trespassing.
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in Middle Tennessee home
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential campaigns’ final week
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds
- Here’s why Biden and Trump are laser focused on fracking
- Looking for love? Skip this popular Halloween costume