KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs was on the losing end of a free throw contest Wednesday, but it was for a good cause.
To bring awareness to American Diabetes Month, Jacobs took on Knox County Commissioner Courtney Durrett in the contest. Diabetes affects more than 34 million Americans.
“Diabetes runs in my own family,” Jacobs said. “So many people don’t understand…. Diabetes is very life-threatening and can be if it’s now managed properly.”
The two have already agreed to hold a rematch next year.
- Tennessee football: Newly-hired defensive assistant Kevin Steele named acting head coach
- In addition to Pruitt, UT announces firing of 9 others in football program
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?