KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Hundreds of backpacks and headphones were donated to the Knox County Teacher Supply Company on Thursday by a local business.
Kellyco Metal Detectors gave a total of 864 backpacks and 795 sets of headphones.
The donation will be distributed to teachers across Knox County, ultimately benefiting those teachers’ students.
The Knox County Schools Teacher Supply Depot is a collection center for donated new and used school materials and supplies. Teachers in the Knox County School system have the opportunity to pick up free supplies from the depot four times per year.
- Boys’ High School Basketball Playoffs: Regional/Quarterfinals Recap
- Motorcyclist leads CHP on Interstate 5 chase reaching speeds of 120 mph
- Off to the Races: Annual wiener dog race takes place during Knoxville Ice Bears game
- Basketball team honoring life of Stanley Freeman, Jr. with memorial tournament
- National Weather Service schedules statewide tornado drill, radio test for March 5 in Tennessee