Knoxville apartment fire that began in flower bed causes minor damage

Local News
aug_14_tazewell_pike_fire.jpg

Fire crews in Knoxville responded to reports of a house fire early Tuesday morning. 

Rural Metro Fire Department are responding to a house fire at 4709 Tazewell Pike in Knoxville. According to a tweet from the department’s Twitter account, a second-floor apartment at the Cottages is filled with smoke and all occupants have been evacuated. 

Rural Metro Fire officials say crews discovered the fire started in a flower bed outside the front door and progressed up the exterior wall. Only minor damage was inflicted to the structure with no damages to the inside.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter