Knoxville apartment fire that sent man to burn center ruled accidental

Local News
vlcsnap-2018-05-22-16h53m24s104_1527022414944.jpg

An apartment fire in Knoxville over the weekend that sent a man to Vanderbilt Burn Center in critical condition has been ruled accidental.

The Knoxville Fire Department says the fire on Clinch Avenue started near or around a couch in a front room, possibly by carelessly maintained or discarded smoking paraphernalia.

Previous storyWitnesses describe sense of urgency during Clinch Ave apartment fire

The victim was found in the upstairs apartment where the fire started as crews forced their way into put out the flames. A KFD spokesperson says the victim was unresponsive when CPR was performed.

There were four apartments in the building, two upstairs and two downstairs.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 Storm Weather School

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter