KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville Mayor Indya Kincannon will be rolling out her budget proposal for the next fiscal year on Tuesday morning.
The city has stated her budget and supporting documents will hit the website around 9 a.m.
During budget hearings last month, it was reported the city was in solid financial shape, but still preparing for a “relatively austere” budget. The proposed budget is part of a multi-step process for its development before gaining approval ahead of the new fiscal year in July.
Here’s what will happen next:
- May 4, 2021 – First Reading of Proposed Budget & Tax Ordinances
- May 13, 2021 – Knoxville-Knox Planning Commission Hearing on Capital Improvement Program
- May 13-14, 2021 – Legislative Budget Hearings & Public Hearing
- May 18, 2021 – Second Reading of Proposed Budget & Tax Ordinances
- June 15, 2021 – Last Possible Day to Approve Budget / Tax Ordinances
- July 1, 2021 – New Fiscal Year Begins