Knoxville City Council approves $10 million South Knoxville project

Local News

The Knoxville City Council has approved a multi-million dollar project to revitalize South Knoxville.

Plans for the Sevier Avenue street-scapes project in South Knoxville were approved in last night’s city council meeting.

The council approved $815,000 to acquire property and right of way to 43 properties at or near the site of the project. 80 percent of $815,000 will be covered by federal funds while the remaining 20 percent use local funds. 

The $10 million dollar project includes bike lanes, improved sidewalks, street lighting and parking.

Construction on the project will begin in summer of 2019 and is set to be completed in the summer of 2020. 

This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as we learn more. 

Click here to view the project page on the city of Knoxville website.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 Storm Weather School

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter