KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Hope for Victims Remembrance Tree is now on display in the City-County Building.
The tree is a holiday memorial for victims of homicide. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the names of the victims were read without a crowd.
The holidays can be an especially hard time for families who’ve lost a loved one to a violent crime.
The memorial is to not only remember victims, but to also celebrate their lives.
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent