KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Hope for Victims Remembrance Tree is now on display in the City-County Building.
The tree is a holiday memorial for victims of homicide. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the names of the victims were read without a crowd.
The holidays can be an especially hard time for families who’ve lost a loved one to a violent crime.
The memorial is to not only remember victims, but to also celebrate their lives.
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Preserving History: Tennessee State Library & Archives debuts new building
- Knoxville Police add 35 new cruisers to patrol fleet
- White House fact sheet: Nearly 900 Tennessee bridges in ‘poor condition’
- Walmart eyes local companies as McDonald’s exits some stores