KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - A Knoxville doctor faces an assault charge after an altercation on Market Square on Saturday.
A group was protesting the congressional tax bill outside a Martha Blackburn campaign event on Market Square when Dr. Glenn Meyers approached the group and began talking to them, according to the police report. During the conversation, Meyers noticed that a woman, Sarah Herron was recording the conversation.
At that point, the report says Meyers became angry and forcefully took Herron's phone, injuring her wrist and tried to walk away. Other protestors were able to get Herron's phone back.
When Knoxville police officers arrived, Meyers had already left the scene.
Meyers is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 28 at 10 a.m. for his arraignment.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Indiana Pacers take UCLA point guard Aaron Holiday at No. 23
- TBI's Jason Locke announces retirement after being placed on leave
- Snake wraps around Murfreesboro woman's leg as she drives
- GOP candidates for governor tackle crime, sports betting, medical marijuana in statewide debate