KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man was found dead in the truck where he lived over the weekend according to Knoxville Police.
Late Saturday night, into Sunday morning, the police were called to the James White Parkway Bridge. When they reached the scene under the bridge, police found a homeless man dead in the front compartment of the box truck he lived in.
Police say the man had likely been dead for several days.
There were no signs of foul play, and the body was taken to the regional forensic center for examination.
The Knoxville Police Department said a rumor on social media that they responded to the scene after discovering a “sex trafficking truck” was false.
- Trump Administration eases showerhead rules after president complains of water flow
- Tennessee state senator pleads not guilty to federal charges
- Tennessee lawmakers end session on protests, COVID liability
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Drug Overdose Support Group meetings to resume