KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man was found dead in the truck where he lived over the weekend according to Knoxville Police.
Late Saturday night, into Sunday morning, the police were called to the James White Parkway Bridge. When they reached the scene under the bridge, police found a homeless man dead in the front compartment of the box truck he lived in.
Police say the man had likely been dead for several days.
There were no signs of foul play, and the body was taken to the regional forensic center for examination.
The Knoxville Police Department said a rumor on social media that they responded to the scene after discovering a “sex trafficking truck” was false.
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- ‘Don’t single out bars. That’s not right’: Knoxville bar owner protests Board of Health’s decisions
- Woman double-billed for security system
- Senator Lamar Alexander prepares to retire
- Multiple jobs available with Blount Memorial’s Food & Nutrition team