KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — This past weekend, the Knoxville Police Department Inspections Unit conducted about 100 compliance checks on businesses throughout the City of Knoxville in reference to the Knoxville Board of Health’s mandated 11 p.m. curfew.
A total of 5 businesses were cited, according to Scott Erland, communications manager for the Knoxville Police Department.
There were no repeat violators and the Inspections Unit reported that all businesses that were cited were cooperative., Erland said.
The following businesses were cited:
- Billiards and Brews – 8705 Unicorn Drive
- Paul’s Oasis – 8021 Kingston Pike
- Twisted Mike’s Taproom – 7125 Kingston Pike
- Bebo’s Café – 1838 Cumberland Avenue
- Scooter’s Place – 4101 Bruhin Road
Four of the citations were issued on Friday and one was issued on Saturday.
KPD credited educational efforts for the vast majority of businesses covered by the Board of Health curfew being compliant. None of the citations required police intervention, Erland said.
- Nurse rushes to help in apparent accidental shooting at Clinton Highway Walmart
- Monroe Co. man shares vaccine experience, highlights struggles rural communities face
- Pair of KUB employees were paid $10K for hours they did not work, comptroller’s office finds
- Sevierville family looking for missing parakeet
- Traffic accident causes widespread power outages in Oak Ridge