KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Police Department has identified the victim and suspect of an Inskip Drive stabbing that occurred earlier this month.
Knoxville Police say 24-year-old Markisha Allen died Aug. 10 from her stab wounds and have identified 21-year-old Jada McNair as the suspect.
Charges have not been filed against McNair and she is not in custody at this time, according to KPD.
“Violent Crimes Unit investigators expect to turn the investigative file over to the Knox County District Attorney’s Office by the end of the week. General Allen’s office will then make a determination regarding prosecution after reviewing the file.”KPD
- Tennessee’s win streak extends to seven; Vols beat South Carolina 31-27
- Knoxville Police: 2 juveniles charged with carjacking, another suspect remains at large
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- High school football Player of the Week nominees: week six
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court