KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Police Department has identified the victim and suspect of an Inskip Drive stabbing that occurred earlier this month.
Knoxville Police say 24-year-old Markisha Allen died Aug. 10 from her stab wounds and have identified 21-year-old Jada McNair as the suspect.
Charges have not been filed against McNair and she is not in custody at this time, according to KPD.
“Violent Crimes Unit investigators expect to turn the investigative file over to the Knox County District Attorney’s Office by the end of the week. General Allen’s office will then make a determination regarding prosecution after reviewing the file.”KPD
- ‘I think it was the right call,’ Knoxville gymnastic coach comments on Simone Biles dropping out of team finals
- Joey Jordison, founding member of Slipknot, dead at 46
- Five swimming events to be decided on Day 5 of Olympics
- County commissioners tell BrightRidge CEO they feel misled over Bitcoin mine
- ‘You’re killing me’: Video shows Colorado officer choking suspect for 39 seconds, court docs say