KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Progress is being made on the Knoxville Public Safety Complex, the future site for the combined city police, fire, city court and pension systems facility in the works.
The demolition and construction project has been in the works for 22 weeks.
This week, officials say a high reach excavator was brought in to help tear down the C-Wing Patient Tower of the Old Saint Mary’s Hospital.
The Central Wing was torn down last week, with crews tearing out interior back in early June.
The $40M transformation will take at least another year and a half, scheduled to be finished by 2022.
- Ekholm returns in a big way, Predators defeat Blue Jackets 2-1
- ‘Great leader’: Principal fixes haircut of student who refused to go to class on first day of school
- Why you should stop waiting to sell your home
- Boys’ High School Basketball Playoffs: Regional/Quarterfinals Recap
- Motorcyclist leads CHP on Interstate 5 chase reaching speeds of 120 mph