KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - A Knoxville chain restaurant known for its appearance on ABC's Shark Tank is closing its doors after three years of operation.
Tom+Chee, a sandwich and soup restaurant based out of Cincinnati, on Cedar Bluff Road announced Thursday on their Facebook page they would be closing permanently and thanked the community for their support.
After appearing on the business investment drama, "Shark Tank", Tom+Chee appeared on ABC's "The Chew" and Travel Channel's "Man vs Food Nation". Their grilled cheese donut was named one of America's best new sandwiches by the Today Show. The 2013 Brand Innovators Made in America Summit named Tom+Chee one of “25 Brands to Watch.”
Tom+Chee has 19 locations in 14 states nationwide. There is one other store in Tennessee located in Nashville.
- WATCH: NFL Draft prospects ready to take the big stage
- Knox County Schools board of education approves budget
- Nashville teens with troubled pasts cook for, serve NFL stars, Draft prospects
- Northview Senior Academy student taken into custody after alleged threat
- Knox County elementary school awarded Budding Botanist Grant
- Ride sharing companies finding ways to counter NFL Draft road closures
- Worried Knoxville parents vaccinating early amid East TN measles case
- Court to hear Washington challenge to Trump abortion rule
- Texas executes avowed racist in black man's dragging death
- Illinois boy found buried in shallow grave; parents charged
- Some women of color frustrated by Biden's expected 2020 bid
- The Latest: Missing boy's body was buried in shallow grave
- The Latest: Trump says White House to fight House subpoenas
- Woman, 2 children die in North Texas flash flood