KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – City animal control is closely monitoring what people on social media are worried is an animal abuse case.
Pictures have been circulating of a dog seen chained outside a North Knoxville home.
A social media post. claim there are whip marks on the dog, leading to an uptick in calls to Knoxville Police, who says they’re handling the situation.
Knoxville Police said animal control has been by the home multiple times and stopped by again on Tuesday.
As of now there is no evidence of dog fighting, but the owner did receive multiple citations, including improper restraint and improper care.
- Rapid COVID-19 tests coming to Tennessee, along with a few questions
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend announce death of newborn baby
- Health Board discusses County Commission resolution, votes to extend 11 p.m. curfew
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- Friday Frenzy Week 6 Player of the Week: Morristown-Hamblen East Cole Henson