KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville police said Wednesday afternoon its agency was investigating the death of a premature baby.
According to Knoxville Police Department officials, KPD Violent Crimes Unit and Special Crimes Unit investigators responded to the apartment complex located in the 1700 block of Kim Watt Drive around 11:40 a.m. Wednesday, where the body of a deceased male premature infant was found inside a residence.
KPD saying the incident is “currently being investigated as an unknown/suspicious death and all involved parties are identified.”
The Knox County Medical Examiner took custody of the infant’s body to be examined at the Regional Forensics Center.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update as additional details are made known by officials.
- NFL Commissioner Goodell encourages players to ‘peacefully protest,’ admits ‘we were wrong’
- 2 dogs die in hot car after AC fails while owner attends dog training lecture
- McAllen police: Man detained for waving chainsaw at protesters
- Man charged with assaulting group posting racial justice flyers along Maryland trail
- Virginia city removes 176-year-old slave auction block from street corner