KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A burglary suspect was arrested following a break-in at a Knoxville Fire Department station.
Knoxville police said Monday that around 8 a.m. Saturday, KPD received a call from the KFD Linden Avenue station in reference to a burglary.
According to the report, the male suspect entered the rear door of the fire hall while the fire truck was gone and continued through the fire hall until he came into contact with the complainant in the habitation quarters.
The suspect, 54-year-old Jeffrey Sligh, was arrested for Aggravated Burglary.
No further information was yet available.
- Lady Antebellum bringing 2020 Ocean Tour to Knoxville
- Knoxville’s newly-renovated Maple Hall reopening Tuesday
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority’s Knoxville Alumnae holding Mardi Gras charity gala
- Public memorial service remembers the private Kobe Bryant
- UT police seeking man wanted for questioning for vehicle burglary, fraud