KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville Police Department is investigating a fatal incident involving a vehicle and pedestrian that occurred on Magnolia Avenue on New Year’s Eve.
According to Knoxville Police, at around 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31, KPD officers responded to Magnolia Avenue near Mary Street, where a pedestrian had been struck by a vehicle.
The female victim was transported to the University of Tennessee Medical Center, where she was pronounced deceased, police said.
The driver of the vehicle that had collided with the woman remained on the scene and was cooperating with the investigation, KPD said.
KPD also said that crash reconstructionists responded to the scene to begin the investigation, which remains ongoing as of late Thursday night.
The identity of the deceased woman is being withheld, KPD said, pending notification of next of kin.
- Toddlers abandoned by smugglers at border wall released from Border Patrol custody
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection
- In-person learning ‘only way’ to get students back on track, Gov. Lee says
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run