KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A man has died following a shooting on Adcock Avenue Thursday evening, according to the Knoxville Police Department.
Thursday evening around 6:15 p.m. KPD officers responded to a shooting in the 1200 block of Adcock Avenue, where police found him near the street in front of a residence with multiple gunshot wounds.
EMS and KFD personnel arrived on the scene to give medical aid and the victim was taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
KPD says its Violent Crimes Unit investigators responded to the scene to begin their investigation. There are no suspects in custody at this time and the investigation is ongoing.
- President Trump says UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Josephine forms, earliest ‘J’ storm on record in Atlantic
- Trump to appoint Gov. Lee to Council of Governors
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table