KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - As if a storied rivalry and the chance to knock off the #1-ranked team in the nation wasn't enough, Krystal is adding even more incentive for Tennessee to top the Crimson Tide.
Thursday, October 11 marked the 86th anniversary of Krystal's foundation in Chattanooga in 1932. The company is marking the occasion by offering to give away free burgers if the Tennessee Volunteers beat the #1-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide on Saturday, October 20.
“Krystal is a scrappy underdog brand born in Tennessee, so we’re all Vol when Bama comes to Knoxville,” said Dominic Losacco, CMO. “We’re counting on Tennessee to pull off the ultimate upset against Alabama, so we can celebrate with you after the game.”
Krystal has 28 restaurants in the Knoxville area, which will provide three original Krystal burgers per customer on the Third Saturday in October if UT wins – from the final whistle till 2 a.m. while supplies last.
Tennessee will host Alabama at Neyland Stadium on Saturday, October 20. The SEC announced Monday the game will kick off at 3:30 ET. It will be shown live on CBS as the network's SEC game of the week.
“Late night is our sweet spot,” Losacco said. “We’re calling all Vol fans to come live a little and savor your potentially huge win with our tiny burgers.”
This will be the 101st meeting between Tennessee and Alabama in a series that dates back to 1901. Alabama leads the series with an all-time record of 55-38-7. Alabama has won the last eleven consecutive meetings.
- Middlesboro radio station tower knocked down, arrest made
- Blackburn touting NRA rating in Knoxville two days before early voting
- Knoxville man accused of assaulting, shooting at girlfriend
- Wildfire season begins, start of burn permits
- Residents of Knoxville apartment complex deal with roach infestation
- Young goat being fitted for prosthetic feet
- Army, FBI investigating soldier death at Fort Campbell
- US general warns of complacency in fight against extremists
- Mega Millions prize climbs to $667M, nation's 3rd largest
- Driver escapes unscathed after plywood impales windshield
- Obesity surgery may lower heart attack danger in diabetics
- The Latest: Sheriff says missing Wisconsin girl is in danger
- Trump lashes out at Warren over DNA test, calls her 'phony!'
- California utility restoring power as wildfire risks ease