KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Many people are waking up to some minor damages and power outages Monday morning after a string of storms passed through East Tennessee.
Knoxville Utility Board is less than 200 outages as of 12:30 p.m. Monday after as many as 12,000 lost power due to high winds overnight.
Other electric providers like Alcoa Electric Department and Sevier County Electric also reported upwards of a thousand outages overnight.
WATE Meteorologist Ken Weathers estimated winds from about 35 to 40 miles per hour at the WATE Studios.
Two people suffered minor injuries overnight in Meigs County after the strong winds caused a mobile home to overturn.
- Walk-in COVID-19 vaccines available Monday at Sevier County Health Department
- All US adults should be eligible for vaccines Monday, according to Biden’s deadline
- 7-year-old girl killed, father shot while sitting at McDonald’s drive-thru in Chicago
- Vaccine clinic at Pellissippi State Blount County campus back on after J&J pause
- Beshear: Enough vaccine on hand for big inroads toward goal