KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — More than 2,500 Knoxville Utilities Board customers were without power Thursday night according to the utility provider.
The KUB power outage map showed the outage around 9 p.m. Power was restored to about 1,000 customers around 10 p.m. The map says the 1,500 without power are expected to be have their restored around 12:30 a.m.
- NYC landlord could lose apartment building after filing for wrong type of bankruptcy
- Family of Joseph Hines looking for answers after his body was found in Knoxville alley
- Holiday tipping: Who should you give a little extra to during the holidays?
- Gov. Lee sending 50 Tennessee Guard members to Texas-Mexico border
- ‘Wait in Mexico’ revival generating confusion, unrest at overcrowded shelters in Tijuana
According to Sevier County dispatch, a tree fell over a powerline in the area of 2600 block of Boyds Creek Highway. Firefighters are working to clear the trees from the powerline.