KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Lady Vols earned their 500th program win inside Thompson-Boling Arena over Alabama to kick off 2023.
Shooting 53.7 percent from the field, the Lady Vols never trailed en route to their 89-76 victory. Rickea Jackson continues to shine on the court, leading the Lady Vols with 22 points against the Tide.
- Lady Vols falter against Mississippi State in double overtime
- Three minor recruiting violations committed by Tennessee in 2022
- From student to assistant director, University of Tennessee sportscaster retires after three decades
- Vols defensive effort holds off Auburn, 46-43
- Lady Vols prepare to take on Mississippi State
Jordan Horston may not have put up her typical scoring numbers, but she did an excellent job putting her teammates in a position to be successful, coming away with nine assists.
Now 2-0 in conference play, Tennessee will be back on the court on Thursday against Mississippi State in Knoxville.