MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Several road and intersections near Petree’s Tree Service were closed due to a large brush fire, Blount County Sheriff James Berrong said Monday afternoon.
Fire crews were able to contain the blaze, but will remain on-scene in search of hot spots.
At the property, the office building, warehouse and some equipment were burned in the fire.
Several fire departments were working to extinguish the flames and hot spots, according to the Blount County Sheriff’s Office.
No injuries have been reported, and the fire was contained mostly to the property of Petree’s Tree Service.
Airbase Road at Mentor and Airbase at Callahan remained closed, the sheriff said in an updated Facebook post.
The Blount County Sheriff’s Office recommends using an alternate route around the area. BCSO also saying its agency will investigate to try and determine the cause and origin of the fire.
This is a developing story and WATE has a news crew at the scene. Check back often to see updated information.
- Zoo Knoxville welcomes new red panda to town
- Kentucky seeking federal help as floodwaters cause damage
- Biden draws ire as border apprehensions spike, migrants test positive for virus in South Texas
- Smash-and-grab robber targets TikTok’s Fleetwood Mac skateboarder guy
- US traffic deaths spike even as pandemic cuts miles traveled