LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WATE) – The Lenoir City woman who was hospitalized after allegedly killing her 3-year-old son and stabbing herself died Tuesday afternoon.
Ninth District Attorney Russell Johnson announced on Facebook that Melani Sue Brown, suspected in the killing of her 3-year-old son King Brown, died at UT Medical Center in Knoxville.
Authorities were investigating after 3-year-old King Brown was fatally stabbed at a Lenoir City apartment complex early Wednesday, March 11.
Law enforcement officials say King Brown’s grandmother found the child on the floor with a stab wound and began to administer CPR. Emergency Medical Services took over once they arrived at the scene. While this was happening, Melani Brown allegedly stabbed herself in the neck and chest in an attempt at suicide, a police official said.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Friends of murdered Louisiana police officer Martinus Mitchum remember him as a hero
- Dispatch: Rockslide in Campbell County impacting traffic on Highway 90
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Florida country club
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix in March
- KFD: 1 person hospitalized due to smoke inhalation from fire, pulled from home by nearby nurse