KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — United Way of Greater Knoxville has been named as a recipient of a $10 million donation from philanthropist MacKenzie Scott.
We’re told the donation will be used to initiate high impact work that will address some of the biggest problems faced by the community.
In just the past four months, Scott, the world’s 18th richest person, has given $4.1 billion to charity.
Others among the 384 organizations that are also receiving grants from Scott include Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee and YWCA Knoxville.
- ‘It’s not fair’: Rioter who put his feet up in Pelosi’s office complains to judge
- Senate to debate virus relief amid tightened Capitol security
- Chipotle, e.l.f. team up to satisfy your hunger for beauty
- Capitol Police request 2-month extension of National Guard at US Capitol
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell