MADISONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The sanctuary of Goodfriend Missionary Baptist Church was filled with smiles on the faces of happy children awaiting a visit with Santa and toys.
The church’s fourth-annual Santa’s Gift Shop saw presents to given to children that may not have had a Christmas otherwise.
The event has been so successful that a nonprofit, Helping Hands, was created to help those in need year-round. The nonprofit provides food, clothing and other essentials to those in need. The ultimate goal is to build a community center for children to have a place to play when not in school.
- Local pizzeria to donate all profits from Tuesday through Saturday to Austin-East Magnet High School
- Suspect wanted on 2 counts of aggravated assault after shooting at Victor Ashe Park
- Knoxville Police seek help locating man missing since April 15
- Couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years
- ‘Transparency also means timely:’ Knoxville mayor again pushes for release of body camera video