MCMINN COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – One man is behind bars after a reported “incident involving a machete.”
ABC affiliate station WTVC reports McMinn County Sheriff’s deputies found a woman with a wound to her head after responding to a Riceville home Tuesday morning.
The victim telling investigators she and her son, 18-year-old Logan Myers, had been in an argument when he struck her.
The McMinn County Sheriff’s Office says a machete and a hammer were both found at the scene, but did not specify if they were used in the assault.
Myers has been charged with domestic assault.
His mother was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Vols’ Yves Pons to host virtual cooking class for Make-A-Wish
- WATCH: ABC News coverage of the first Presidential Debate in Cleveland
- Oak Ridge Police, FBI investigating bank robbery on South Illinois Avenue; suspect at large
- Childhelp Tennessee asking for Christmas gift donors for foster kids