KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A man arrested outside a hemp and CBD retailer early Wednesday admitted to officers that he had been stealing from the business for “several weeks.”
Sammy Roark, 51, was charged with burglary by the Knoxville Police Department. Officers arrived at Bluhen Botanicals in East Knoxville around 1:30 a.m. to investigate an alarm.
According to the KPD, Roark was detained at the scene. An investigation found the door to the business appeared to have been pried open.
The officers found a bicycle and a large garbage bag of hemp believed to have been taken from inside the business after a sweep of the area.
- Hector Sanchez speaks after becoming first Hispanic criminal court judge in TN
- Keep it or toss it? ‘Best Before’ labels cause confusion
- Passenger tries to bring same handgun through BNA security checkpoint twice
- Tennessee woman shocked by $6,500 utility bill
- ‘Scrubs’ writer-producer arrested again on rape allegations