JEFFERSON CITY, Tenn. (WATE) — A Sevier County man is being accused of impersonating a law enforcement officer, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.
Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Coffey says 41-year-old Charles Lakins was arrested around 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, in Claiborne County.
Coffey says Lakins used a late 90s model red Ford Mustang to made a pair of traffic stops, one on Old Dandridge Highway and another on Asheville Highway.
What to do if you are pulled over:
- Hawkins Co. Sheriff: 17-month-old flown to hospital after being hit by vehicle in driveway
- Four COVID-19 cases confirmed at Chattanooga Volkswagen plant
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 27, 2020
- Makeshift high school graduation held inside Clarksville grocery store
- Elgin bar owner bans customers from wearing masks inside