KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The man accused of shooting a woman in the face and then dumping her body in an East Knoxville alleyway learned in court Thursday morning his case had been bound over to a grand jury.
Robert Atkins, 38, faces charges including first-degree murder, tampering with evidence, and several firearm-related counts.
Officers discovered the body of 29-year-old Kaitlyne Warwick in the alley between Iredell Avenue and Pickett Avenue last month.
Knoxville Police’s Violent Crimes Unit linked Atkins to the murder. Atkins was later located and arrested at a home along Pickett Avenue.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Florida woman, 20, electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Official: Chinese vaccines’ effectiveness low
- Chloé Zhao becomes 1st woman of color to win top DGA honor