KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The man accused of shooting a woman in the face and then dumping her body in an East Knoxville alleyway learned in court Thursday morning his case had been bound over to a grand jury.
Robert Atkins, 38, faces charges including first-degree murder, tampering with evidence, and several firearm-related counts.
Officers discovered the body of 29-year-old Kaitlyne Warwick in the alley between Iredell Avenue and Pickett Avenue last month.
Knoxville Police’s Violent Crimes Unit linked Atkins to the murder. Atkins was later located and arrested at a home along Pickett Avenue.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Missing 11-year-old found safe, according to KPD
- TBI identifies man killed during officer-involved shooting
- Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race
- Watch out for these popular, but untrue stories from social media this past week
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room