MIDDLESBORO, Ky. (WATE) — Kentucky State Police have identified the man killed in an officer-involved shooting with Middlesboro Police early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened at around 4:30 a.m. in Middlesboro, Kentucky. Timothy Houston, of Harrogate, Tennessee, was killed. Investigators say Houston was wanted in Claiborne County, Tennessee on charges stemming from a previous shooting.
An autopsy has been scheduled with the Kentucky Office of the Medical Examiner in Frankfort.
- ‘We support each other,’ MOMS remember children lost to violence at wreath-making event
- Three charged with cattle, tractor theft in McMinn County
- One dead after West Knoxville crash, woman charged
- Knoxville organizations hold hearing to plan upcoming city budget proposals
- Vols down Illinois, earn first top-20 win of the year
KSP says, “No officers or members of the community were injured during this incident.
KSP has statewide jurisdiction and investigates officer-involved shootings throughout the commonwealth as requested by local law enforcement agencies. KSP is committed to being transparent while ensuring the integrity of the investigation.”
KSP will not be releasing any additional information until the investigation progresses further, and more facts are gathered.