KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knoxville man is donating to the Legacy Parks Foundation for a Missing Link Trail south of the river.
Bobby Smelcer’s Blount Avenue property will allow for seamless connection between Mary Vestal Park, Fort Dickerson, and Downtown Knoxville.
“With the connections of the greenway here Knoxville, it just helps promotes business and also people coming in from out of town.”Bobby Smelcer
Smelcer adds he hopes to open an urban wilderness campground too. He says it could be up and running by the spring.
- Tennessee OKs Medicaid block grant; fate unclear under Biden
- Super Bowl odds: Chiefs and Packers lead the way
- Oak Ridge barbecue restaurant passes inspection, reinspection coming for critical violations
- Horned, shirtless Capitol rioter wants pardon from Trump
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12