KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Police officers are searching for a suspect and a man is in the hospital following a shooting on Sunday night in South Knoxville.
Knoxville Police were called to the 1100 block of Daylily Drive around 9 p.m. where they found a man in front of an apartment complex suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The victim, as of Monday evening, is still in critical condition at the University of Tennessee Medical Center.
The incident is not believed to be random in nature, according to KPD, and there are no suspects in custody. The suspect vehicle is possibly a silver four-door sedan.
No other information has been given by police investigators.
Anyone with information relevant to the investigation is urged to contact the KPD Crime and Drug Hotline at 865-215-7212.
- Knoxville man rehabbing after diving accident leaves him paralyzed from chest down
- Oak Ridge nurse charged with federal crime confesses to sending blood, feces to husband’s ex-wife
- Knox County Schools joins others in lawsuit against vaping company Juul
- Pigeon Forge Subway robbery suspect facing additional assault, sexual battery charges
- Gas company on the scene of leak in Morristown neighborhood