LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WATE) — Law enforcement agencies are investigating after a man was found alive near a crashed vehicle.
The Roane County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the man to be Jonathan Degnan, who had been missing out of Knox County since April 20.
RELATED: KCSO searches for missing man
The Tennessee Highway Patrol tells WATE 6 On Your Side that troopers were still on the scene where the man was found near a crashed vehicle in the 2500 block of Buttermilk Road in Roane County.
The man has been transported for medical assistance, THP said.
Roane County Sheriff Jack Stockton said the man they found “has been missing for over a week,” but were not initially sure where the man was from. Someone had found the man’s car wrecked off of Interstate 40 around Buttermilk Road, Stockton said, and the man was “alive, but in bad shape.”
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update as additional details are made available.
- Task force briefs lawmakers on Capitol security 2 months after riot
- Prince Harry says inheritance from Princess Diana made it possible to leave royal family
- Brunch is served! Baked Eggs Pastry Tart
- ‘She was a welcoming soul’: Friends of Carolyn Bartles remember her love for others
- ‘No questions asked, just bring it back,’ grandmother pleads after dead grandson’s cross goes missing