MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – First responders in Maryville rescued a man trapped beneath his own car.
Chief of Maryville Police Tony Crisp said just before 11 a.m. Monday, police got a call for a man pinned under a car in the parking lot of the Walmart store on Highway 411.
The car apparently had a mechanical issue and the man had gotten out and was working in front of the car when it was somehow moved into gear, rolled forward and ran him over.
Firefighters arrived shortly afterward and were able to move the car off of the man. He was flown to the University of Medical Center by a UT Lifestar helicopter.
His condition is unknown at this time.
- Russell’s Grand Slam pushes Vols past Vanderbilt, 8-5
- Austin-East community gathers for anti-violence rally and march
- Fight at Pigeon Forge convenience store leads to gunshots
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Charlotte resident and oldest living American dies at 116
- FedEx cellphone policy in question after deadly mass shooting at Indianapolis facility