KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A man is recovering after being pulled from a burning home Thursday night in North Knoxville.
The Knoxville Fire Department responded around 8:30 p.m. to 2404 McCroskey Ave. for a report of a house fire. When they arrived they found flames come from the back of the home.
A man was fighting the fire with a garden hose and said his roommate was trapped inside. Firefighters found the unconscious man in a rear bedroom, pulled him outside, and began resuscitation efforts before he was transported to the hospital. He was treated for smoke inhalation.
Fire investigators determined the fire started from a wood burning stove on the covered back porch, then radiated into the living quarters of the home. No other persons were injured.
- Lady Vols improve to 2-0 on the season with 67-50 victory over ETSU
- CDC to shorten recommended COVID-19 quarantine days
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record
- ‘Very dark couple of weeks’: Morgues and hospitals overflow
- Group of Senate Democrats and Republicans announce COVID relief framework