HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – A Hawkins County man was arrested over the weekend after deputies say he shot his girlfriend’s father in the head with a BB gun.
Michael Dykes is now charged with aggravated assault.
The father told the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office that he was picking up his daughter when Dykes came outside and shot him.
Dykes told officers that the father had threatened him with a large knife, which is why he went inside for his BB gun and shot the father in the head.
Dykes was taken to Hawkins County Jail.
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?
- 1 million lives lost: World marks painful COVID-19 milestone
- Google Maps rolls out COVID-19 tracking feature
- ‘A diabolical stew’: Man accused of killing parents over 2016 Thanksgiving holiday motivated by money, state says
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts