MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (WATE) — A fire on Tuesday sent one man to the hospital.
The Morristown Fire Department responded around 1 p.m. to a structure fire at 516 Cain Ave. Fire fighters found an out building behind a residence with heavy smoke coming out of it.
Witnesses told the fire fighters that a man was inside. Crew members entered the building and were able to bring the man out while another company put the fire out.
Hamblen County Emergency Medical Services took the man to the University of Tennessee trauma center. He was then transferred to Vanderbilt Burn Center in Nashville.
An investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing at this time.
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent