KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — MEDIC Regional Blood Center is in dire need of Type O-positive blood donations. The blood donation center currently has just 32 units of Type O-positive in its inventory, less than a one-day supply.
MEDIC says it is currently inquiring with other blood centers across the country to meet its needs. However, local donors are needed. It takes three days for donated blood to be processed and ready for distribution, according to the blood donation center.
Donations are being accepted at all four MEDIC locations:
- Downtown Knoxville – 1601 Ailor Ave.
- Farragut – 11000 Kingston Pike
- Athens – 213 E. Washington Ave., Suite 104
- Crossville – 79 S. Main St.
All donors are required to wear a mask or face covering. If a donor does not have a mask or face covering, MEDIC will provide one. Appointments can be made online at www.medicblood.org using the donate link. Appointments can also be made by calling 865-524-3074.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Knoxville Black Business Directory puts minority-owned local businesses in spotlight
- Photo gallery: President Trump’s presidency
- ‘God put me there’: Man runs toward fiery crash, saves driver on Missouri highway