KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — In the weeks after Thanksgiving, COVID-19 cases across the country have hit record numbers, which means there is a greater need for convalescent plasma.
MEDIC Regional Blood Center is asking for donations from people who have already had COVID-19 and recovered because these people have COVID antibodies in the plasma of their blood.
The blood from recovered patients can help treat current patients with severe cases of COVID-19.
In order to donate convalescent plasma, you must have a positive lab test for the virus, or a positive antibody test. You also have to be symptom-free for 14 days. Donors are seen by appointment only.
To donate and set up your appointment, call 865-521-2682.
If you have had COVID-19 and have recovered, you could save someone’s life by donating.
- Suspect wanted on 2 counts of aggravated assault after shooting at Victor Ashe Park
- Knoxville Police seek help locating man missing since April 15
- Couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years
- ‘Transparency also means timely:’ Knoxville mayor again pushes for release of body camera video
- Federal jury convicts former Roane Co. attorney on sex crimes involving minors