KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — MEDIC Regional Blood Center is in critical need of Type O-positive, Type O-negative and Type A-negative blood.
The East Tennessee provider of blood and blood-related products says it has seen an increase in demand.
MEDIC is requiring all donors to wear a mask or face covering amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. If a donor does not have a mask or face covering, MEDIC will provide one.
You can donate at MEDIC’s four locations, downtown Knoxville, 1601 Ailor Ave.; Farragut, 11000 Kingston Pike; Athens, 213 E. Washington Ave., Suite 104; and Crossville, 79 S. Main St. You can also donate at one of its mobile blood drive stops. To find out more about hours and directions you can visit the MEDIC website.
Appointments can be made online at www.medicblood.org using the donate link. Appointments can also be made by calling 865-524-3074.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day case increase in September
- Former Titan, Vol Albert Haynesworth charged with domestic assault
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Newsfeed Now: Countdown to the first Presidential Debate, California Wildfires, Carole Baskin, and more
- Belmont University preparing for final presidential debate