KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — On Wednesday, a judge ruled in the case against a mother charged in the death of her 11-month-old baby will be bound over to the grand jury.
Lindsee Leonardo, 32, was charged with felony aggravated child abuse and first-degree murder.
According to the arrest warrant, Leonardo put her 11-month-old, Aiden Leonardo, along with her 23-month-old in the bathtub with four to six inches of water before going outside to smoke a cigarette and have “me time.”
When she came back inside, the 23-month-old had turned the water back on, filling the tub, and the 11-month-old was floating on his back.
RELATED: Father: Mother not to blame for son’s drowning
Leonardo’s preliminary hearing started on Tuesday.
The District Attorney General’s Office said during the proceedings a detective with the Knox County Sheriff’s Office testified that Leonardo did not intend to drown her son, but was neglectful.
The judge ruling the case will go over to the grand jury.
We’ll continue to follow Leonardo’s case as it progresses.
- VFL Darrell Taylor carted off the field in Seahawks, Steelers game
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: Orionid Meteor Shower Peaks This Week Plus The October Full Moon
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’
- These types of toys will be hardest to find this holiday season
- Scientists develop new strategy to fight coronaviruses, vaccinate against future pandemics