KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — On Wednesday, a judge ruled in the case against a mother charged in the death of her 11-month-old baby will be bound over to the grand jury.
Lindsee Leonardo, 32, was charged with felony aggravated child abuse and first-degree murder.
According to the arrest warrant, Leonardo put her 11-month-old, Aiden Leonardo, along with her 23-month-old in the bathtub with four to six inches of water before going outside to smoke a cigarette and have “me time.”
When she came back inside, the 23-month-old had turned the water back on, filling the tub, and the 11-month-old was floating on his back.
RELATED: Father: Mother not to blame for son’s drowning
Leonardo’s preliminary hearing started on Tuesday.
The District Attorney General’s Office said during the proceedings a detective with the Knox County Sheriff’s Office testified that Leonardo did not intend to drown her son, but was neglectful.
The judge ruling the case will go over to the grand jury.
We’ll continue to follow Leonardo’s case as it progresses.
- Celebrating August 8 — Emancipation day in Tennessee
- President Trump extends unemployment benefits, defers payroll tax
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US
- Missing teen from Soddy Daisy has been found safe, according to TBI
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 death toll in state is 1,215, up 9