KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — On New Year’s Eve, one local neighborhood marked the new year a little different than others.
People along Glensprings Drive in West Knoxville lit luminaries and placed them along the side of the road.
Neighbors said while the year has been hard, the luminaries were an effort to share joy and love with one another.
- Positively Tennessee: 4-year-old determined to walk on his own
- ‘They really are our path forward’: Health care leaders talk combating vaccine hesitancy
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- ‘I would hire 100 people today if I could’: Sevier County businesses in need of employees