LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WATE) - A new brewery is coming soon to Lenoir City and officials were on hand Friday afternoon for a groundbreaking ceremony.
They say not only will there be a brewery and restaurant but also there will be room for shops. Officials hope it will boost the economy.
"We beleive it will be a huge economic growth to downtown. We believe a lot of people will visit the brewery," said Mayor Tony Aikens.
The building they're using has quite a history of its own. It used to hold the utility company and at one time a jail. The brewery is expected to open toward the end of the year.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- KBrew opens West Hills location Saturday
- ICE official: Immigration crisis to blame for overcrowding outside Knoxville facility
- Monitoring your credit report and score: What to know
- 'They're teaching me,' Local teens inspired by Vols hoops success
- Oak Ridge 'Battle of the Badges' blood drive to benefit Children's Hospital
- TBI releases photos, asks for help to identify man found dead along Douglas Lake
- 6 Things to know about Spin scooters in Knoxville
- 5 suspects at New Mexico compound face terror charges
- Trump says public should see 'ridiculous' Mueller report
- After the fall: How to take advantage of lower rates
- GOP senators defend McCain as Trump goes on attack again
- European, Canadian regulators to do own review of Boeing jet
- APNewsbreak: Police say immigrant suspect killed for drugs
- USC's new president ready to 'fix' school after scandals