OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Dirt Lab, a new mountain biking skills park, is now open.
It formally opened with a ribbon-cutting Friday.
The Dirt Lab is at Haw Ridge Park, close to Oak Ridge National Laboratory, which helped inspire the name.
The park was made possible by volunteers, the city of Oak Ridge, and local businesses. A whole community came together to develop the park.
“There’s a huge need, first of all mountain biking an cycling is growing and in Oak Ridge we have nothing like this you know, bike parks of any kind.”Brad Spears – President of Clinch Valley Trail Alliance
The Dirt Lab lets people new to mountain biking experiment and develop their skills. It also offers plenty of jumps and other features for more advanced riders.
- ‘We have got to stay the course’: Knox County commissioners, public health officer speak on delayed health board vote
- Rescue Squad, Rural Metro respond to crash for ‘heavy rescue’ assist in West Knoxville
- Tazewell dentist facing sexual battery charge
- The Osteopathic Center provides healing from within with regenerative medicine
- Keep your iPhone 12 six inches away from certain medical devices, Apple says