MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Newell Brands says 31 of its more than 600 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 since the pandemic started.
“We continue our diligent facility cleaning and sanitization, staggered shifts, mandatory masks, temperature checks, wellness screenings and physical distancing,” a spokesperson for Newell Brands said.
The Rubermaid plant is something of a hotspot of coronavirus cases for Blount County, which has only had 139 coronavirus cases, far fewer than Loudon, Sevier or Knox counties, according to state statistics.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Knoxville Black Business Directory puts minority-owned local businesses in spotlight
- Photo gallery: President Trump’s presidency
- ‘God put me there’: Man runs toward fiery crash, saves driver on Missouri highway