MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Newell Brands says 31 of its more than 600 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 since the pandemic started.
“We continue our diligent facility cleaning and sanitization, staggered shifts, mandatory masks, temperature checks, wellness screenings and physical distancing,” a spokesperson for Newell Brands said.
The Rubermaid plant is something of a hotspot of coronavirus cases for Blount County, which has only had 139 coronavirus cases, far fewer than Loudon, Sevier or Knox counties, according to state statistics.
- Biden, sounding hoarse, says he has cold
- 1 in 100 hospitalized with COVID-19 will suffer life-threatening brain complications
- Hawaii resident with omicron had no travel history, officials say
- Taser deployed in altercation at Cumberland Co. High School
- Photos: How the Vols fare vs. what Heupel would wear