MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Newell Brands says 31 of its more than 600 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 since the pandemic started.
“We continue our diligent facility cleaning and sanitization, staggered shifts, mandatory masks, temperature checks, wellness screenings and physical distancing,” a spokesperson for Newell Brands said.
The Rubermaid plant is something of a hotspot of coronavirus cases for Blount County, which has only had 139 coronavirus cases, far fewer than Loudon, Sevier or Knox counties, according to state statistics.
- Austin-East cancels school through next Monday
- 100 days until the start of the Tokyo Olympics
- ‘It’s time to end America’s longest war’: Biden details timeline to pull troops from Afghanistan
- Jay Cutler, Kristin Cavallari sued over alleged dog bite in Middle Tennessee
- Driver arrested after beloved goose killed at Middle Tennessee marina