KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A stretch on Northshore Drive near the Concord Road roundabout is expected to be down to one lane with temporary traffic lights until mid-March, according to the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
“This traffic pattern is expected to be in place until mid-March,” Mark Nagi, a spokesperson for TDOT, said. “They will be fixing the slide by securing the slope with soil nails.”
Northshore Drive is a major artery into the residential areas of southwest Knox County south of Kingston Pike and along Fort Loudoun Lake.
Here is a drawing of the planned soil nails installation.
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Vols superfan secures coveted ticket to UT’s season opener
- Margaret ‘Bonnie Lou’ Moore dies at 93
- One injured in shooting at a South Knoxville convenience store
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case