GRAINGER COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — Students in Grainger County will not return to school buildings on Jan. 5 as planned.
The school system announced that all students will learn remotely next week, beginning Tuesday. Monday, Jan. 4, is a staff development day.
“We desperately need for our students to be at school. However, it is not worth the risk at this time,” said Dr James Atkins, director of Grainger County Schools.
- Vols offensive lineman Wanya Morris announces transfer to Oklahoma University
- ‘As disappointed as we are, we’re determined to get this right’: Tennessee fires head football coach Jeremy Pruitt, 9 others
- Tennessee football: Newly-hired defensive assistant Kevin Steele named acting head coach
- In addition to Pruitt, UT announces firing of 9 others in football program
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office