GRAINGER COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — Students in Grainger County will not return to school buildings on Jan. 5 as planned.
The school system announced that all students will learn remotely next week, beginning Tuesday. Monday, Jan. 4, is a staff development day.
“We desperately need for our students to be at school. However, it is not worth the risk at this time,” said Dr James Atkins, director of Grainger County Schools.
- Planning to travel this summer? You’re not alone
- WATCH: Beachgoers form human chain to save Gulf swimmers
- Former Marquette basketball commit announces he will play for the Vols
- First Vols football commit of Heupel era comes from defensive side of the ball
- Officer won’t be charged in Capitol riot shooting, prosecutors say