SWEETWATER, Tenn. (WATE) — A note pleading for help left in a Sweetwater gas station bathroom led to the arrest of a domestic assault suspect at a nearby motel.
Officers with the Sweetwater Police Department responded to the Circle K gas station on New Highway 68 just before 11 p.m. Sept. 28 after a report of a suspicious note left in the bathroom. The note stated, “POLICE TELL ROOM 218 I NEED HELP. HE BROKE MY CELL PH” along with the victim’s name, the date and a room number for a nearby motel.
- TBI: Man accused of shooting Sullivan Co. deputy dies
- APSU student brought dozens of loaded guns from Tennessee to NYC, DA says
- Sevierville shooting suspect arrested in Knoxville traffic stop
- ‘Snake burglar’ strikes again, gets away with $50,000 worth of silver
- How is a new Supreme Court justice chosen
Officers went to a nearby Economy Inn Motel where they made contact with 51-year-old Robert Vann. He stated he was staying with a juvenile and a woman whose name was on the note left in the bathroom.
The victim exhibited clear signs of assault and she told investigators Vann had assaulted her multiple times in the last 24 hours. The juvenile also told officers what they had seen from the assaults and showed them blood on the sheets from the altercations.
Vann was then placed under arrest for domestic assault and transported to the Monroe County Jail.